I tell ya!  Today has been a whole lot of fun so far!  Now....read that again with some sarcasm and you will catch my mood properly.

First off....set to the kitchen to do a little baking for the boys for lunch (today and school/daycare lunches) and asked if they would like to help.  Of course they did!  But proceeded to muck about and throw things instead of getting on with the job...GGRRR!!  So I banished them to downstairs, where Daddy was doing something WAY more interesting and they could bug him (hehe).  Off they toddled and promptly got in lots of trouble, again!  BOYS!!  I tell ya!  If you are thinking of having kids - opt for girls, coz in my current mood with my three....girls are the best.  Of course, I reserve the right to change that opinion once Weez comes home this afternoon from her father's place and there will, again, be 2 girls vying for attention in this house!

But...all good!  I got my baking done (in the end) and here is some photos I managed to salvage:

Banana and chocolate cupcakes - made with a cheapo (Home Brand) Butter cake mix with banana and nutmeg added and chocolate muffin mix.  The chocolate turned out thicker (probably bec, therefore I was able to dollop it on top of the banana mix and on the bottem.

Scone mix!  This is how I bake my scones.....I find that the mixture is too 'worked' by the time I get to making the last round scone and is tough.  It may look rough, but the kids LOVE it and just look at how light and fluffy it turns out!
DELICIOUS!!!!  And here is how the boys had them..

Bubba Pete - vegemite, peanut paste, jam and honey (he made a 'sandwich' from them with vegemite and peanut paste together and the honey and jam together....weird, I know!).
Mickey - vegemite and jam (no mixing for him, thank you very much!)
And Will - vegemite and honey
MAJOR flash aversion there, sorry!  But you get the idea, surely...?

Right now it is just WAY too hot to be doing anything constructive right now!  I was going to bake some more, but I think that will have to wait for tonight, now.....need to make cookies and slices for school lunches for the week!

So I am off to enjoy the peace and quiet, while the boys are sleeping.......under a fan!!

0 comments: