And yes...I DO have that song in my head, right now!  I made up a whole playlist of 60's and 70's songs on my iPod for my Dad's party and I have been listening to it while on my machine every morning!  I guess I may be a hippy at heart....?

With the cooking fiasco of yesterday behind me (the boys...not the food - might look a little ordinary, but is actually very Nom-Nom!!), I turned to today and wondered what it would bring me.  Turns out it was nothing any more special than a day to myself to wonder the internet, marvelling at the creativity of people (and adding a few blogs to my ever-growing-longer subscription list!) and enjoying the peace and quiet (well....what peace and quiet you can get out of a house beside a busy street!).

I made up some more of those little blankies (with the chicky fabric I bought the other day) and finished off a couple of burping cloths for my friends' little boy, Carter.  I made them a little while ago for my friend who had a little girl and she loved them, so I hope that Carter will love them just as much as A's little girl does!  Here are some photos:

The teddy fabric is from an old pair of pyjamas I had in my stash for AGES!!  And the nappies have been in there since the last time I made burp cloths.  The ribbon was in my trim drawer.

I am trying to think of something else to make up with the teddy material, so that little C will have a set of things made by me.  I have a HEAP left over!

Who knows.....if I keep sewing through my stash like this, I just might have to go out and buy a whole heap more.....at some stage!  hehe

0 comments: