I realise that it is only Wednesday, but I want this week to be over already!  Nothing like trying to speed up time to speed up the aging process, hey?  LOL

Monday, Mickey and Will started at their new daycare.  A much better centre that is better equipped and better service (their old daycare was a little run down, dirty looking and their program for the kids was almost non-existent, because they didnt have enough kids in each age group to make activities for them - but it is what I could get them into at the time, so I shut my mouth and put up with it).  They went into their respective rooms with only a little bit of separation anxiety and settled in well.

Yesterday was Australia Day.  We did nothing special to celebrate the day - because Pete had to work :(  We went to the zoo in the afternoon, though (Rockhampton City Council have a small zoo as a part of their botanical gardens - small, not much in it, but the kids love it, all the same.....especially the two chimps they have there).  It was good to be out of the house and walking around in the fresh air.......albeit being bitten by mozzies at every turn (darn rain!).  I took my trusty walking stick along and managed to get up and down the hill without too many hassles and not needing a break.

My main cause for exhaustion was this morning.  The kids went back to school this morning after their Christmas break and they were a bundle of energy, I tell ya!  Weez was eager and ready to go to year 2, Moo was ready early for year 8 and Bubba Pete was excited as anything to go to Prep!  I took photos and they progressively got sillier and sillier as time went on.  Here is one of the last photos I took of Weez and Bubba together:


Mickey and Will came with Pete and I to drop off Bubba and, as a result, they were unsettled when they got to daycare.  I got a 'courtesy call' from Will's group leader to tell me that he was a little unsettled, but after telling her that he had his 'blankie' in his bag, I received no more calls, so I gather that he settled down after that.

I just picked up Bubba (first week, they finish 1/2 hour early) and my first impressions are - hungry!  I asked him if he wanted something to eat and he proceeded to take his lunch box off his bag and he had over 1/2 his lunch still in there uneaten!  Obviously, he needs to learn to eat some things before he goes out and plays.  We will see how he goes tomorrow and Friday.....if he comes home the same, then I will have to have a talk with his teacher.

So what did I do today without kids (Lenny starts tomorrow, because he is grade 10, and went off to work with Pete today) and an empty house?  Nothing constructive, I am afraid!  I caught up on e-mails that had filled up my inbox last week, caught up on facebook with some friends and became closer to my new friend "Artemis Fowl".  So, all in all......I took it pretty easy, really!  Tomorrow will be a different matter, though!  I am expecting company in the morning....a few friends from uni.  I have baking to do - cookies and such for lunches and I have a wardrobe to go through and start planning to update - my own!

So til then, my lovely cyber friends.......
CIAO!!

0 comments: