And from them you must learn.  And you thought I would have learnt already to take it easy and NOT lift a 20L container of fuel and put it into the car, hey???  I COULD have demanded that my husband come home from work and do it, like he said that he would that morning, but I didn't.  I COULD have asked the older kids to do it together, under supervision from me......but (yep - you guessed it!) I didn't!  And, yes, I slapped myself on the forehead after I did.....knowing full well that I may hurt/injure my back in the process, I continued on my merry way (well....not so merry, as a matter of fact - a few choice words were being said out of my dainty - PAH!! - little mouth!) and lifted the proverbial thing by myself and did it myself!

Hence my lack of posting here in the last week and on facebook!  I HAVE done a heap of reading, though!  I read mostly teen boy books, because that was all that could be reached without going downstairs and finding my boxes of books, but they were riveting all the same!





I started off adventuring with a young boy named Will in the "Ranger's Apprentice" series, by John Flanagan.  To start with, it was just to fight off the numbing boredom that I was feeling while I was lying in bed with nothing to do, bar look at the ceiling or the walls......whichever position was less painful (I couldn't even crochet!!  How sad is that??).  However, it turned into something more.  I fell in love with the characters and found myself reading at lightning speed through each book (AHEM! One per day.....give or take).  If you are into reading fantasy books and love delving into another world, then I recommend that you pick these up - no matter what age you are (from around 12 up) and what gender.  Lenny really wanted these books as a gift 2 Christmases ago, so I bought all that were available at the time in the series.  This Christmas, he received "Halt's Peril" from Pete's Mum and had it read the week after Christmas.  The only problem now is.......we have to WAIT until next November until the next one is released!  I honestly cannot WAIT for it to come out!



Next up, I am delving into the world of a young criminal prodigy - Artemis Fowl, by Eoin (Irish for "Owen" - for those who lack an Irish lilt to their words) Colfer.  I read book one yesterday and I am, again, finding myself enthralled with a completely different set of characters and a completely different plot.  Artemis (for those of you who have not heard of this series) is just 12 years old and has taken it upon himself to renew his families riches to their former glory, following in the footsteps of his missing father.  But do not let his age fool you, he is a genius.....and he has his own lunchbox.  Together with his butler.....Butler and Butler's sister, Juliette, they are a force to be reckoned with.  In book one, he manages to find the equivalent to the fairy's bible to help him on his quest for fairy gold.  This little book helps him to a certain extent, however, you soon learn that it is not the only thing that will help him in his quest to restore his family's riches......

That is about it for me for the last week and a little bit!  Boring, I know.....but it was wonderful to get into some reading, again.....even if it WASN'T aimed at my age level!  I have got sooooo many ideas in my head for sewing/crafting.  Now....even though I still have to take it a little easy (still spending at least 20% of my day in bed), at least I can SIT (yep - was unable to sit, due to the nerve running down and around that part of my backside) and do little things to get ready for the big things that are clogging up my crafty-ness!

0 comments: