After a full-on week last week, I am looking forward to a week of relative peace and quiet!  We held Dad's birthday party on Saturday night, which went quite well, so we are very VERY happy.  There were a few moments of disorganisation, but we stumbled through them and came out the other side trumps!  All in all - a good night was had by all and Dad really enjoyed himself and let his hair down (well....what hair he has left, anyway!).

Here are some photos of the dress I made for the night:


I must apologise for the photos themselves....they are cropped from others from the night and these were the best shots to get a view of both the front and back. 

I used a pattern from 'STYLE' number 2404.  Material was from the lot that I bought at the op shop week before last.  Buttons from my stash - I am fiercely allergic to sewing button holes, so I cheated and made the closure with clips and buttons sewn over the top (plus I was running out of time!!).  I also ran out of time to make the accessories that I planned on making!!  I was half way through crocheting a brooch or something using some chocolate brown yarn from my stash.....oh well!  The necklace I used was good enough to make it less plain.

So we come to today!  What is on my to-do list for today?  Well.....I have to:

* call the university and make an appointment for Thursday to see about what scholarships I may be able to apply for (found it hard to keep up with bills last year and this year looks like it won't be any better!)

* clean up my 'sewing area' - which consists of the top of the coffee table and several boxes lying around the lounge! 

* finish off the housework that I started this morning - with us being away all weekend, there isn't much to do, really!

And that's it!  Really - that IS it.  I have caught up on all the goss on blogs and facebook from the weekend, so this afternoon will be full of crafting, methinx!  Will have to come back and show it all off!

0 comments: