Pete headed off to Sydney by car late Thursday afternoon (yep - no New Years together for us this time!) to pick up some of his sister's furniture and bring it back, so I was left at home with 8 kids all by myself!  I am pleased to say that I survived, though I dont know how!  And I only have the girls at home today - Pete has taken the older boys off to work and the younger boys are at daycare (YAY!!).  Pete got home on Saturday night very tired and a little cranky (the seats in a panteck (sp?) truck are VERY unforgiving!).

Today, you can find me at my sewing machine (once again!).  I originally planned on making myself a dress, whose pattern I have been eyeing off for a while.....but I had a complete clean up of my little area yesterday and found a whole HEAP of unfinished projects!  Now....I have committed myself to completing these today before I start on anything new.  So here is what I have come up with today -


4 pairs of shorts - all I had to do was finish off the elastic and sew up the casing!!  What is it with the end of projects that I just cant finish?  hehe


My friend gave me these gosh-awful pair of pants a couple of months ago and none of my boys fit them, so decided to make a beach bag with them.  They are made of your typical board-shorts material, so will suit this purpose to a T.  Modeled by the lovely Moo.


My Dad is turning 60 on the 6th, so my SIL and I decided that we would throw him a little party on Saturday.  Things are getting turned on their heads, though.....my Uncle just celebrated his 50th on new Years Eve, so most of my Mum's family wont be able to make it.  We were hoping to give him a massive celebration, but it turns out that perhaps only 1/4 of the people that we invited will be able to make it (we invited close to 200).  Therefore it looks like we will be canceling our venue and making plans to have it at Cam and SIL's place!  Should be fun!  I sat down today and made phone calls and stuff to try and organise some people that have not gotten back to us yet (what IS it with people and invites....you send them out, but you still have to chase them up to get RSVP's!!??).  After this (and the school reunion I helped organise last year - OH!!  gotta tell you about THAT yet, hey?  WHOOPS!!) I dont think that I will be organising too many parties in the future!  Well.....maybe just ONE more, but it will be worth it - my brother's wedding!  Then that is IT!!  I mean - I LOVE organising parties and I love attending them, but it just seems like too much hassle in the week or so heading up to it!!

So that is it for my Monday Mojo!  I got into the swing of things and I am really happy with what I got accomplished today!

0 comments: