What a week!! monday and Tuesday were pretty cruisey - things went pretty much according to plan. Wednesday was a shocker! I thought that, since Tash is here, I would get her to look after the kids while I go and drop Corky and J-Man home and get my hair cut. As soon as I dropped off the little ones at daycare, the proverbial hit the fan!!

I had a visit from a police man to ask some questions about that Landy that Pete bought that ended up stolen (finally!! It's been, like, 2 friggin months!). My good mate dropped in while he was here, but I didnt get to spend much time with her, because Mr Policeman stayed a long time, himself! Well, at least she got the best of my hospitality - a cup of coffee that I accidently made wrong - 2 sugars, instead of one, white instead of black........had a lot going on and was making about 7 cups of tea AND coffee, holding conversation, sorting out Moo's problem and keeping an eye on the bloody time! Not good for concentrating!!

I only JUST got all 3 assessment pieces in on time!! I got my Maths and Computing pieces over and done with quickly - they were pretty easy. My Language piece was a different matter! I honestly thought I had another week to complete it, but found out on Wednesday that it was actually due on Friday!! Lots of swear words and lots of polishing and lots of hours later, though, it was complete and I printed it off and sent it Friday.....just have to wait for the results, now - that could take anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks after we come back from mid-term break!

This weekend saw us up in Mackay for my Aunty's 50th, though - perfect after the week that I have just had!! I shared the cost of hiring a car with Cam and Jules and we headed off on Saturday morning. It was a pretty breezey ride up, though long!! I really should have taken more food with us!! I spent a fortune on food and drinks at roadhouses!! We only had Lenny, Moo, Bubba, Mickey and Will with us!

Pete was waiting at the Motel when we got up there (not one that would go into my own little travel book, mind you - it was quite a terrible place - but the only thing that I could find last weekend!). He travelled from Airlee down and WAS to head out to Longreach Sunday, but cancelled that, because they DID work his butt off!

It was a lovely night and my Aunty got a lovely surprise. She knew that there was going to be a few people there, but didnt quite know how many or who - certainly not me and my little tribe of kids! Brekky the next morning at their place was just lovely, too.....expect nothing less from Uncle Kel! He is a brilliant cook at the barbie and his brekkies are just THE best after a night out!

Our trip back was a little bad. Mickey decided to play up a little between Mackay and Sarina! Quite put poor ole Cam and Jules off having kids, unfortunately!! Seems we have that sort of affect on people, I am afraid! LMAO! Oh well......ya get that!! Pete took Bubba in the car from Yaamba, thinking that he would be good company for him - HA!! He slept all the way home!! hE Should have taken Mickey - he was talking and being really loud from there til about 1/2 way between Rocky and home!! Thank goodness he had a sleep, though...he would have been really ratty that night, if he didnt!

0 comments: