I got in and made some things this week! So........3 things off the list of things to make/do!!

Here are two door organisers.

I might just keep this one for our room! The patterned material was my Mum's and the backing material is from an unknown source, originally....but is from my stash. The lining I got a couple of months ago at the op shop!


This will be going in one of the kids rooms - most likely the boys. This material is two sheets from the op shop and the lining is the same as the one above. Plenty more material in the sheets to make some more things out of!!

These are cushions I made for a good friend of mine. They were originally placemats with the colours going in stripes, then the design changed to this one. When I was turning them the right side out, I figured they looked better as cushions! Too long and skinny to be placemats!

After talking to my friend's kid this morning, she said that she would like something purple for her room, so her door organiser will be the print in the top photo with a purple backing on it! I am also making her a little duffle bag, so she can carry things around in, too....so I think I had better pull my finger out and do them!!

I have also decided to make those placemats for my friend, just in slightly different colours. The fabric is actually sample blocks from sofas (you know....you go into a furniture store and see what sofa you want and then choose which fabric you want from the samples?). I got them off eBay and they are great! Perfect size to do little projects with! They are just a little too easy to fray, though and, for me being just a beginner sewer, I found that a hassle and had to hold myself back from snipping the threads (which, ultimately, made things worse!).

This week has also been a pretty stressful week! Monday was the most stressful, with talks not going too well with a certain person. I then went to go into town and ran over a dog!! I managed to fix my friends' computer, though!! So ended up well.

Tuesday was pretty 'blah' with me being at home with the 3 little ones. All up a very good day with them and making SOME progress on pressies from them, but pretty 'blah'.

Wednesday, I had to go into town, again......to redo my scan. Some of the pictures from the last one didnt exactly turn out right and it didnt worry me that I had to go in there and do it again (I love seeing/hearing bub whenever I can!)......it was just that it was such a hot day!! I ran around all morning, taking Moo to her little concert at the retirement village, then my Bro to the doc. That was all good.....while I was moving!! When I stopped still, I realised just HOW hot it was!!

Yesterday was pretty cruisey, though and today looks like it is going to be, too, so a great end to the week!!

0 comments: