I have decided to lift my ban on all things crafty a little, since I have mostly caught up on my studies!!

So what am I going to make? My first EVER quilt!! It will be for Will when he finally gets big enough to lay on the floor and have a little play.

I bought some little precut fabric squares from an op shop a little while ago. They are 3" x 3", so just perfect for what I want them for! They are all different sorts of fabric - thick, thin, cotton, polyester, even denim - but that will add to the charm, I am hoping! The backing and border will be some cord or a heavy material from my stash....since it will get a lot of use.

I took out the pieces last night, sorted through them and took out the boy colours. Then I put them into groups of 4 to make up larger squares to put together.

If things go well, I will be making 2! One for the floor and one for the cupboard! Will keep you all updated here!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Now I'll be stalking your blog to see the results.