Sorry I didnt get back to this the other day! I was too busy running around like a blue-arsed fly! Being Monday, I had HEAPS to do and not much time to do it in!

Anyway....my new car is here. It is new for me, anyway! It is an old Maxi Taxi (Toyota HiAce) that Pete found advertised in the local rag for a sweet little bargain.........he reckons! Meanwhile, a Taxi is BOUND to have done heaps of k's and the motor should be just about f'ed, I reckon.....but he will see when he pulls it all down and has a proper look at it. He pulled most of the head off it the day that he got it and there is sludge just about all through the top! Yeh.....we will see just how good this thing is!! LOL.

Problem is? This is a long wheel based car! There is NO bonnet in front of me when I drive (yep...have gotten too used to the big, bulky hood of the Landy out in front!). AND the kids will be sitting directly behind me!! Yep - the good old Maxi Taxi with the front seat of the back facing the wrong way! Just GREAT!! I can see it now....driving along and the kids are all playing loudly in the back and I pull over for a break and walk into the bush......not for the toilet or anything, but to try and get away from the racket!! LOL. And that is just for a trip into town (20 minutes away)!!! Imagine me on a long trip, say, just up to Rocky (bout 1 1/2hrs away) or somewhere!! LOOPY LOOPY LOOPY!!!!

Just to clarify - yes, there is a lot of noise in the car from the kids in the Landy, but not nearly as loud as what would be in the HiAce! The Landy gives off a lot of engine noise and there is no air con, so the windows have to be wound down......bliss!! I can sit beside Pete for a long time and not have him talk to me, coz he would have to yell! No...seriously...he would have to YELL!!

So....my old Land Rover County is going to be sold! Such a lovely car and I feel all powerful in it, because of it's height and the pure square, bulky, boofness of it. Will just have to get used to everything being on the 'proper' side now - ignition, indicators & wiper controls, etc. Being of European design, they put things back to front on their cars! Back to front to what us Aussies are used to, anyways!

I must say, driving a Landy has been a real experience, though! Pete has gotten to know yet another car and how it works, but there seems to immediately be a friendship with other Landy owner/drivers! I will be driving along and they will automatically wave to me! Just a flick of the finger off the steering wheel most of the time, but a wave and friendly all the same! I found myself doing the same....once I worked out the difference between a Landy and a Cruiser (Toyota Land Cruiser)! LOL. Yes, they are very much the same in size and only a little the same by shape, but when I dont have my reading glasses on, they all look the bloody same to the untrained eye!! LMAO!! That is MY excuse and I am sticking to it!!

0 comments: