My "baby" turned 12 today! I just cant believe it!! 12? Where DOES the time go? i know that is a question that ALL parents ask, eventually, but it is one that just HAS to be asked, hey?

He woke this morning and promptly counted how many punches he was expecting he would get from his friends (yes, I sent him off to school) - 72 in total! I did not have the heart to add in a couple more, for old times' sake!

So, tonight will be spent with him cooking his fave meal. We dont have any sweets in this house, so there wont be a cake of any sort, but I DID make some very small cupcakes this morning with the little ones.

I started a new sewing project yesterday! Well, 2, actually. I found some rubber backed curtain fabric at the op shop on Friday and planned on using one of the designs on a little tote bag for Weez for Chrissy. I measured up the design and worked out what size the little bag should be and decided to cut it out and applique it on the front and back (when I get some photos, this will all become clearer, I promise). So, I measured out the bag on the material (doubling the width AND the length and adding on seam allowances) and cut it all out......only to realise that there were TWO bags in those measurements!! So, I cut the piece in half and halved the seam allowances and now I have to make 2 bags from it! They will be slightly different, but only by the design being placed a little differently on the front and back.....and maybe different stitching for the applique. Hopefully, I will get at least ONE finished by Thursday - that is when I have planned on going over to my friend's place to give her the pressies that I made her......I have decided that one will be for her daughter. The curtain material has both a girl and a boy on it, so I might make up a little bag for the boys each, too! Then I might not find cars all over the place!

0 comments: