When you have HUGE deigns and inspiration to do something and actually follow through with it and complete it, but it just doesnt happen, because you get sidetracked by something else?

My crafting for the week was sposed to be dictated by the list to the left, but I havent completed ONE single thing!! I ran out of material or time or.........you know the drill! Not happy, Jan (I wonder who, exactly, Jan is. People just dont seem to be happy with her AT ALL)!

My friend FINALLY had her baby girl on Monday, so I have been busy making things for her and her big sister.

There are some burp cloths (based on the tutorial found here, but made with towelling nappies with some extra padding in between the decorative fabric and the towelling).



And a crayon holder for big sis. I WAS going to give her the one I made the other week, but was not completely happy with it, so it will now go to Weez for Chrissy. Yes, this one IS much like the last one....same fabric and tutorial, just different uses.....but I like the combo so much, that I just HAD to try it another way!



D's placemats are coming along well. I have made the two layers....just have to get some thin batting for between the layers and some bias binding for around the outside and they will be ready - well in time for Chrissy!

I went through my stash this morning!! I cleaned it up and sorted it all out, folding the fabric and working out just how much I had of each and exactly WHAT (and just what I didnt think that I would USE!). I found quite a few from Big W that still have the cardboard around them, so they are now in the wash (I have probably had them for YEARS!). Also, I can now see what I want, when I want it - the joys of see-through boxes! No more rummaging through the boxes until I find out what I can use and what I cant!

0 comments: